The Brookline Lawyers

Call Us Today

Can a divorce agreement be modified? What is the process?

Additional Information:

I had been living with my parents while we were separated and just moved into an apartment in Newton with our 18 month old son and am finding that the alimony and child support are insufficient. I’ve been divorced from my husband for 4 months.  Can the divorce settlement agreement be changed after finalization?  What is the process and is it difficult?


It depends, and I would have to read the Settlement Agreement in your divorce to learn more.  Certain language in Settlement Agreements can make altering them more difficult. Was the child support established by the Probate & Family Court using the child support guidelines?  How did you arrive at the amount of alimony?  Are you working now?   I would like to speak to you further.

The Newton divorce lawyers at Walters and Jensen have the experience, knowledge and resources to provide clients with effective and efficient legal representation.  The divorce attorneys serve the entire Greater Boston region including all Norfolk County and Middlesex County, as well as Allston, Belmont, Brighton, Boston, Cambridge, Chestnut Hill, Cleveland Circle, Coolidge Corner, Dedham, Dover, Jamaica Plain, Milton, Needham, Newton, Waltham, Watertown, Wayland, Wellesley, and Weston.


Get a Case Evaluation

We are happy to provide a consultation to all first time clients.

Please complete the form below and we will contact you.

    Call Now