The Brookline Lawyers

Call Us Today

My ex husband has been in contempt of divorce decree for years.

Additional Information:

He has never paid for medical insurance, alimony or child support.  He has the means to pay and has finally been paying child support of $500 a month and ignoring the rest saying “oh, well she’s almost 18.”  We live in MA, and in the Fall she will be attending an expensive college in Chestnut Hill, and the money would allow her to focus on school and her studies instead of having to keep a full time job. Since I waited so long, what can I do?


A judge will order your husband to pay his back child support.  The quickest solution is to ask the Masschusetts Department of Revenue – Child Support Enforcement division to assist you.  If your husband is a regular employee (as opposed to self-employed), DOR can start by garnishing his wages. 

Our Brookline divorce lawyers provide legal representation regarding divorce and family law related matters to individuals in Chestnut Hill,  MA and the Boston Metrowest communities of : Brookline, Watertown, Waltham, Weston, Wellesley, Needham and Dedham.


Get a Case Evaluation

We are happy to provide a consultation to all first time clients.

Please complete the form below and we will contact you.

    Call Now