The Brookline Lawyers

Call Us Today

The buyer now wants out of the contract to buy my home.

Additional Information:

The contract has been signed by both parties. What are my rights, and do I have to keep my home?


If you signed the typical Massachusetts Purchase and Sale Agreement your remedy is to keep the deposit. Most contracts specify that the loss of the deposit is Sellers sole and exclusive remedy.  If such language is not contained in the Purchase and Sale Agreement you may be able to not only keep the deposit, but look to the buyer in the event you ultimately sell the property for less than the buyer agreed to pay.

If you have questions regarding the terms of your agreement, contact the Greater Boston Real Estate contract attorneys at WSJ. We serve the Brookline, Massachusetts community including the neighborhoods of Brookline Village, Aspinwall Hill, Chestnut Hill, Cleveland Circle, Coolidge Corner, Longwood medical, and Washington Square.


Get a Case Evaluation

We are happy to provide a consultation to all first time clients.

Please complete the form below and we will contact you.

    Call Now